onsdag 9 mars 2016

Voidtalon of the Dark Star - Edge of Reality

Found twice.

Method: 'Realmhopping'
How: With the addon (Cross Realm Assist)
When: Wednesday, After server restart

There is really no 'guaranteed' way of finding a portal, it's mostly luck, being in the right place at the right time.

In the beginning, when people started too know about the new 'super-rare' mount from WoD, I read up on it at various forums and watched the videos that existed at that time, tried too gather as much information as I could before starting too hunt for it myself.

And then one day I decided to try my own luck by jumping around on different servers to steal a portal. I didn't succeed at all. There was always about 4-5 other people who did exactly the same thing so I gave up my search for a few months.

As we all know, Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon Valley is the most crowded places to be after a server restart. I even found my own portal in Frostfire Ridge, however, three hours AFTER server restart, which means that the portal has jumped around in Draenor without anyone else founding it. I call that pure luck cause a few seconds after I pressed the portal two other people jumped into the same raid group.

You can't really see the portal cause I already clicked it. But you can see in the right corner that is says Edge of Reality and also the error message yoy get from clicking it while in raidgroup. I got the mount mailed too me after like 20 min. (Sorry, Al'Akir ;) )

People say that you can't see the portal anymore when you already clicked it and obtained the mount. I can confirm that this is not true, atleast not if you are on an alt, wich I was when i found my second one.

I found my second portal i Gorgrond. /way 51.69, 38.59. My bae who I wanted to help out was unfortunately in Frostfire Ridge and just a minute after a Blood Elf DK and came and R.I.P portal.
Yes, I have another hunter alt. It's boosted with one purpose - hunting rares on a low-pop server.

I got no recording and no good screenshots cause I simply panicked. Basically what happend was that I jumped into the Shattered Hand-EU by Cross Realm Assist and it spawned right in front of my eyes. (That's why the portal look a bit weird, cause it's kinda evolving, lol) I used a run macro (only need too run it once) that takes a print screen when you hover over the portal, it also plays a sound that makes you freak out. ;)

/run local f,x = CreateFrame("frame",nil, UIParent);f:SetScript("OnUpdate", function() if GameTooltipTextLeft1:GetText() == "Edge of Reality" then PlaySoundKitID(11466, "master", true); if not x then Screenshot(); x=true; end end end)

There are of course other methods to snag a portal, if you are a person with many alts. Place them in all zones in the areas where the portal spawns and immediately log in after server restart. If you are on a low-pop server, switch alts as soon as you can after not findning anything. If you are on a high pop server i recommend start too jump around on servers asap.

I dont know much about this method, but read that if you are really serious about getting this mount this is the way too go.

P.S To be honest, At this point, after my own experience I would say that Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon Valley is like digging your own grave, There WILL be people there. And if you are not confident enough too fight for it with alot of other people I would recommend to instead try out Gorgrond or Talador and hope that the luck is on your side. There is of course people there too, but not as much as in Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon Valley.

Watch this video by SerroDan (Who tbh need som recognition since his videos are awesome.)
- At 7.00 you can see the portal pretty clearly. 



Good luck fellow Hunters. :)


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar